Scheduling regular slots in Zoom has lots of advantages to it as you can make use of more advanced features - like automatically requesting that cameras are switched on, automatically muting participants on entry (if you want to), and using the waiting room feature so that you can choose who to let in - or block unwanted strangers! There is also the option to add branding to your waiting room.
Once you have done this, you'll then also be able to add your class to Happity so that parents can find your virtual classes - and you can also start taking online payments if you wish to.
Watch the Video Tutorial below, or scroll down for text instructions and screenshots.
If you need help, we also offer a VA service for just £18+VAT per hour. Just send us your timetable and we will pre-generate your Zoom links and add them to [email protected] for you.
How to Schedule a Regular 'Room' for Your Virtual Classes with Zoom
- Go to Zoom.us - preferably on a desktop or tablet
- Click on 'My Account'
- Choose 'Meetings' - 'Schedule a New Meeting'
4) Use your class name and select 'recurring meeting'. Then in the drop down select "no fixed time".
This creates a unique Zoom link for your classes.
5) Leave 'Require meeting password' ticked ON (this is now required by Zoom)
6) Choose Video Host - ON, Participant - ON
7) Audio - Both
8) Meeting options - Tick 'enable waiting room' - this will allow you to view the names of your participants before letting them in and give you an opportunity to check your register before starting each class. By using the Waiting Room feature, you can also add your own logo to Zoom and make it look fancy when people click the link and are waiting for the class to start!
9) Click 'Save'
10) IMPORTANT: Make a note of your Zoom URL for this particular time slot! You need it to put into the Happity booking system as it will email this link to participants around half an hour before the start of each class, asking them to click to join - it will also email you with the link and a list of your customers too, so that you can start hosting it.
By default, Zoom will embed an encrypted version of your password into the link (the letters after 'pwd=') and it will look something like this:
Finally - scroll to the bottom of the page and choose 'Save as Meeting Template' (you will probably also want to tick 'Save the recurrence').
Once you've set up your rooms, you're ready to add it to the [email protected] timetable so parents can find you and start taking bookings!